Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 3: Danville


Ok, I grew up in the best place ever. Danville, California. Just nestled among the green hills of the East Bay, it has a small town feel and an old fashioned- friendly neighbor- Mayberry warmth. My family has lived there for almost 30 years now and I can't imagine calling any other place home. Not only is the setting perfect- no snow (except on Mt Diablo occasionally), but it's no desert. The hills look like Ireland or the English countryside all winter and most of spring. People take care of their houses and yards. Buildings are well kept and aesthetically appealing. The schools are amazing because they prepare kids for life with many different approaches to education. In general it's a very pleasant place to live. It's the kind of town where we joke that the police don't have enough to do so they give out jay walking and parking tickets more than anything. I'll admit, it's not perfect, but it's pretty close.
Not only is Danville amazing in location and value, but the people there are so close. I grew up with a close knit group of friends. Most of the kids in my Kindergarten class were also in my graduating class. People tend to stay there and raise their families there, and when they grow up, they always want to come back to Danville. My friends and I have made some awesome memories among the streets and hills of Danville. Those memories are warm and dear to my heart, but the best part is that I still have all of thos
e close friends. Of course things will never be as they were while we were growing up, but we can all come back together and make more memories and reminisce the old ones. I love that. I know that anytime I go home, there will be someone there with whom I share a deep connection because we share those same memories of Danville and the people we all knew and loved there.
The famous Danville clock tower...it even has a special viewing area behind... :)


This is one of my favorite streets!



Just a glimpse of the beautiful green hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment