Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November: The month of gratitude




It seems funny yet sad that we only dedicate one holiday to gratitude, and we don't even focus on that for the most part. This month I would like to try to focus everyday on being more thankful. Ok, so it's already November 8th, but better late than never right? I will try to post something I am grateful for each day for the rest of this month! I'm excited about this!

For today-- November 8th:


I am grateful for...
Good friends!

I've been thinking a lot the past week or so about good friends. There is a talk by President Henry B. Eyring called True Friends. Go and read
it if you have the chance. Here's a quote I liked from thi
s talk:
" All of us will be tested. And all of us need t
rue friends
to love us, to listen to us, to show us the way, and to testify of truth to us so that we may retain the companionship of the Holy Ghost. You must be su
ch a true friend."

Lately I've felt like I really need to work on being a better friend. I don't deserve the good friends who have been placed in my life. They do so much for me each day. I need to be better at giving back to them! I'm grateful that they
are always there to make me feel better. They always welcome me home with smiles and greetings. I often don't appreciate it enough or respond to it in a similar manner. I've been blessed with go
od friends and so I must be a good friend.
I'm grateful for good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment