Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 4 and 5



Yesterday and today have been so hectic I haven't had a chance to do my gratitude blog, but I did think of these things at the time! So...
Day 4: Veterans
Friday was Veterans Day, so I was thinking a lot about the men and women who have served our country. I'm so grateful for them and their sacrifice. Every time I think of them, I feel a deep sense of gratitude for the things they have to do. I don't think I would ever be brave enough to do some of the things they do. I owe all of my freedoms and rights to soldiers. They have done so much more than I can express gratitude for, but I love them for what they do.
Having had two veteran grandfathers and a father who has instilled a deep sense of patriotism and pride in my country, I can't help but feel a deep emotional connection to the people who have served me without knowing if their lives would make a difference in world.
I hope I can one day instill that kind of gratitude in my own children someday.

Day 5: Modern Medicine
Today was crazy! I woke up, went to the temple, took a shower, went to Idaho Falls to go wedding dress shopping for a friend, and then went to visit my friend's older sister where her husband took a look at my teeth and decided to do a root canal on it right away. So, we ate dinner and then drove to his dentist office and he performed a root canal on me. I was so grateful! He told me that if I hadn't come in at that time I would have had a gray tooth, had to have a crown and spent a lot more on it. I'm so grateful that he caught it in time and that he was able to do that surgery on the spot. I was so amazed at what he could do. I hardly felt a thing, yet he was drilling into my teeth and fiddling with the nerves. How incredible is that? Even 50 years ago something like that would have been a very painful process. Each time I'm sick, injured, or need an operation I'm amazed at what can be done to mitigate the effects and to make me better.
Anyway, I'm thankful for modern medicine.

p.s. I'll post pictures of the operation at a later date...


No comments:

Post a Comment